[kdepim-users] Fwd: Re: Saving all my emails

DIL23 hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 12:46:50 BST 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 10:49:49 Art Alexion wrote:
> --
> Art Alexion

I'd be interested too!

At the moment all I do is run a little zip script to zip everything
under .kde/share/apps/kmail/ once a month (I tend to keep a pretty clean
mailbox/folders!)

if I open it in Ark I can select a file and it asks if I want to view
externally-click yes and kmail pops up a window with the mail. Only drawback
is none of the mails have meaningful file names - just long alpha-numerics -
but it does have the date and time stamp and the original mail folder
structure.

It's just enough to cover my paranoia about losing emails but not very
elegant/usable on a daily basis - emergency use only ;-)

DIL23
:)