[kdepim-users] KDE 4.4 - Contacts file mangling

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:08:12 BST 2010

Upgraded to OpenSUSE11.3/KDE4.4. KAddressbook/Kontact or perhaps Akonadi is
mangling files again. It's the contacts .vcf - I have over 1,000 records in
it, so I'm not keen on this to say the least. It will start up happily enough,
and show the full list, but after a random period of time, it loses 90% of the
data and actually truncates the file from 266KB to around 13KB on disk. Having
seen this happen before, I'm religious about backing up the data.This would
appear to be a biggish problem - it's a data loss bug that happens even if
KDEPIM doesn't need to write to the file or even reload it.
--
The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail to
lists complaining about them