[kdepim-users] Archive of emails

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Aug 24 14:24:04 BST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 at 9:17 am, Anne Wilson penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] Archive of emails"

> I have mail going back more than 8 years in my KMail tree,

Hi,

A somewhat normalized value would be number of messages along with
disk space.

In my situation, I have 6.7 GiB of mail stashed on disk.  And not
counting directories, I have 131,349 files.

KMail handles my e-mail without slowing down.  Zoom zoom zoom!

At the moment I'm using XFS and when I upgrade to `openSUSE 11.3', I
plan on moving over to EXT4.

Cheers,
-pablo

Details
=======
$ cd ~/.kde/shre/apps
$ du -sh kmail/
6.7G    kmail/
$ find kmail -type f | wc -l
131349
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)