[kdepim-users] Fwd: Copy Contacts to Android

Llewellyn Lee 0834786881 at mtnloaded.co.za
Fri Aug 20 11:43:56 BST 2010

Hi  Donald,
			I have no knowledge of the phone you have just got, but as a first try I
would suggest you get a USB cord for that phone.
	I use Suse Linux with KDE desktop and have found that I can acces most of the
files on my phones directly as soon as I plug the USB of my desktop PC
	The program Kitchensync also succesfully handels my Nokia and my Samsung
phones. TODO , Calendar, and adress book.
	I would mention that I have never got  Kmobile tools or Kandy to work with
any of my phones. After batteling to get them to work I suddenly discovererd
I was able to acces the phones picture and VID files directly without any
special software. My Linux treats them like a USB data source and shows me
all the content as folders which I can open.
	I get the photos off my Nokia phone directly . The program Digikam does not
work but with the nokia connectivity switched to DAta on USB  I can acces all
the photos.
	Suggest you try simple USB cable and Kitchensynk first.
Regards
Llewellyn
PS It seems the processors on phones are slow so give things time to work, i
have to be patient while photos and music files transfer in iether direction.