[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

Richard Creighton ricreig at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:51:59 BST 2010

On Sunday 08 August 2010 21:03:28 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in
line ]

<snip>

> > However, if you are able to set up a web site, before
you post,

<snip>

> Hi Richard,
>
> It's the old chicken-vs-egg
conundrum.  :)  Although wasn't that
> problem recently solved?  Oh anyway
>
> Being like everyone else, pressed for time, I'd want to test the

waters first before putting anything together ... just to see if there
> are
folks willing to pledge for the effort.

<snip>

I agree, but be sure you
test the *right* waters :)

<snip>

> The silly thing is that HTML in
e-mail isn't all that important to
> me.  I'd use it for the odd e-mail but
mostly I prefer ASCII.  ha!  I
> was only offering to help in an effort to
help folks out ... :)
> ... wanna help me?  :) :) :)

I'm not sure I
would be much help anymore.   I had a stroke a while back and it left me
with more than a little extra effort required to do stuff :(

I used to make
my living programming and later teaching in college and as a hobby, along
with a friend, we invested time in QuickBBS software.   We both had 'day
jobs', (Lockheed-Martin) at the time, so we had to do QuickBBS in our spare
time, but we did it anyhow.   We actually made money from that hobby, not
millions (unfortunately), but it bought new disk drives when they cost $900
and more for 330MEG in a 5" MFM form factor.

My new handicap has left me
having lost my ability to run and play, so to speak, and Parkinson's (old
shaky, me) so I have worn out the backspace key on my keyboard :(, but while
I can no longer do math even with a calculator, I still love computers and
'playing' with them.   I have converted a number of people from 'Doze to
Linux and provide them with support and advice where possible.   I'm in my
upper 60's now and while for many, "Google is your friend", for me, it is
"CATV is your friend", because that is the only thing I still can do
well.

Richard