[kdepim-users] Still Akonadi not working...

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Apr 11 18:21:41 BST 2010

On Sunday 11 April 2010 10:59:39 r bartlett wrote:
> I really hope there are some simple solutions to getting Kmail and Kontact
> to work properly again.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

When you get the Akonadi Self Test dialog, click on the error indications.
When you do, the bottom of the dialog will indicates some suggestions,
including a link to the userbase page with excellent troubleshooting tips.

I suggest that you go through them one at a time and try launching kmail
again.  Some of the tips solve multiple problems.

As I observe it, akonadi seems fine.  I assume it works great on fresh
installs.  It is the upgrade which was not handled well.  Most of us who
frequent this and similar lists should be able to work through getting it
working.  I pity the poor non-technical user, though. A final release will
inevitably have unforeseen bugs, but it should mostly work out of the box
before it loses its pre-beta designation.

Perhaps that's why kmail still doesn't use akonadi; unlike some other
projects, I suppose they wanted to get it right before releasing it.

--
Art Alexion