[kdepim-users] Korganizer log: intermittent dataloss, core features not working

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Apr 26 20:39:05 BST 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010 20:07:57 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 26 April 2010 10:56:20 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > Today I had _another_ dataloss bug with Korganizer: it seems that I
> > > changed an recurring appointment some weeks ago: I added a note
> > > text to one entry. Now, I discover that all prior instances are
> > > gone! I have had lots of intermittent and difficult to reproduce
> > > Korganizer dataloss bugs. Is there a log that can record exactly
> > > what happens, as these bugs are hard to reproduce? I cannot
> > > continue to use Korganizer in this state, but I am interested in
> > > helping find and fix the issues if possible.
> >
> > It has always been advised that you do not change a recurring
> > appointment, but end the exising one and start a new one.
>
> Hmm, I have never heard of such an advice. If this is true, then
> recurring events cannot be used seriously with KOrganizer. Single
> instances of most of my recurring events change quite regularly.
>
> Maybe the problem is that KOrganizer automatically starts a new
> recurring event and removes the older ones?

Hmm - a quick search of my archive brought up just one message that it
obviously part of a longer thread -

> > In Kontact you can change everything and the reoccuring appointments
> > remain together (as repeating occurrence), EXCEPT the time 17:00-18:30.
> > As long the time 17:00-18:30 there is no problem. Change the time (except
> > having exception, which we can set) and the "chain of appointments" break
> > as discussed above. This solution is logical, easy to grasp, but
> > cumbersome in some cases.

I'm not at all certain that that was the thread which started by me asking
about it, but I did ask such a question on the list - probably 2-3 years ago,
so it could well be.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group