[kdepim-users] Cannot select S/MIME signing certificate

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Fri Apr 16 10:04:42 BST 2010

2010-04-16 10:55:22 Thomas Olsen
> Just tried to sign a file from Kleopatra using said certificate which
> failed because it is not trusted. Also I could see that it is not amongst
> my Trusted Certificates in Kleopatra - could that be the reason for the
> red X? I imported the certificate using "gpgsm --import
> Thomas_Olsen.pkcs12". Should I have done something else?

Is your cert released from a well known certification authority or is it a
"private" certificate? In this case you need to import the CA certificate and
trust it to have your cert listed as trusted/good.

Be sure to check "Allow clients to mark keys as trusted" in your
configuration, last time I tried this was needed.