[kdepim-users] POP filters in Kmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Sat Sep 26 18:12:33 BST 2009

At 18:34:23 on Saturday Saturday 26 September 2009, Ingo Klöcker
<kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 September 2009, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > I have set a POP filter in my Kmail (v 1.9.10, under KDE v3.5.10) to
> > catch mail from two especially annoying sources of spam that I want
> > to keep out of even the trash folder: "Any mail From <contains given
> > address> --> Delete from server".
> >
> > This doesn't work, and mail from those addresses are still being
> > deposited in the trash folder (courtesy of another, non-POP, filter).
> >
> > Do POP filters work, or is this a feature that has not been fully
> > implemented?
>
> POP filters should work (and they did work in the past).
>
> > If this should work, why doesn't it? what am I doing wrong?
>
> I suggest to have a look at the filter log (via Tools->Filter Log
> Viewer). Please note, that I'm not sure whether POP filters are also
> logged.

The viewer comes up, but its data window is blank.

I know that ordinary filters are working, because I can see the results --
they do deposit incoming mail in the folders as directed by the filters.
But if the viewer doesn't see a log, apparently no log is being kept.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on