[kdepim-users] POP filters in Kmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Sat Sep 26 14:31:59 BST 2009

At 15:31:13 on Saturday Saturday 26 September 2009, Gary C Curtin
<gary.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 September 2009 11:47:35 Stan Goodman wrote:
> > I have set a POP filter in my Kmail (v 1.9.10, under KDE v3.5.10) to
> > catch mail from two especially annoying sources of spam that I want
> > to keep out of even the trash folder: "Any mail From <contains given
> > address> --> Delete from server".
> >
> > This doesn't work, and mail from those addresses are still being
> > deposited in the trash folder (courtesy of another, non-POP, filter).
> >
> > Do POP filters work, or is this a feature that has not been fully
> > implemented? If this should work, why doesn't it? what am I doing
> > wrong?
>
> I had a similar problem, but managed to solve it. In my case it
> depended on the order in which the filters are listed. If, for example,
> your "delete from server" filter is below the "spam filter", the
> message will be moved to spam folder and no other filters will be
> applied. So move your "delete from server" filter up above the "spam
> filter".

But the POP filter that I have described is the ONLY one. It is all alone.
There is no other filter with which to change the order. All my other
filters are in the "Configure filters" group; this is the only one in
the "Configure POP filters" category.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on