[kdepim-users] Bug

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Sep 4 19:00:11 BST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 22:14:29 Julio Prada wrote:
> Every time I open a contact on Kaddressbook with multiple emails, I get
> several "SELECT EMAIL ADDRESS" messages.

Hi, Julio.

In order to help, we have to ask you for more information.  First, which linux
distribution are you using (including version).  Then, are you opening your
contacts within the Kontact pim container, or by starting KAddressbook?
Please open the Help > About menu item and give us version numbers.

> I found a link on the web stating that it is a bug,

Can you give us a link to that article, so that we can see what you read?

> I tried to find more
> information but it becomes very frustrating not to find any clue.
> I tried to browse the
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/subscribe/kdepim-usersthing but each time
> I get a pae that I do not understand.

To subscribe, go to that page, and scroll down about half way.  Enter your
email address and your name.

A little further down you are asked to enter a password (you have to enter it
twice).  You don't need that to read mail, but you need it if you want to
change any options, such as suspending receipt of mail when you are away from
home.

You don't need to alter anything else - just hit 'Submit'.  You will receive
an email with a long code - this is a security measure.  Simply reply to that
email without adding any text, either to the subject line or the body of the
message.  Soon after you will get a welcome letter.

You will, after that, receive a copy of every message to the list.  It's a
good way of learning about things.

> I am a free code lover but i dont have all day to spend reading and
> learning, so i get stress, because I will never go back to M$.
> I would greatly appreciate any light on this issue, if I could then
> contribute $10 or so I would be glad (that is very litlle on a developed
> country but not here for middle class in Costa Rica).

No money is required - we all help each other.

Anne