[kdepim-users] ssh tunneling with Kontact?

r bartlett techwritebos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 00:07:54 GMT 2009

I guess the real question is just whether Kontact can be directed to a specific port.  I can already use VNC on the application server (behind the firewall machine) with:

ssh -L 8888:foo:5900 me at bar

That tunnels the output of port 5900 on the inner machine to my local port 8888.  But I am wondering if I can tunnel Kontact to my local machine directly from the inner machine...I can do that fine for the firewall machine.  The problem is that I can't seem to do that for the machine that's behind the firewall.

Again...many thanks!