[kdepim-users] expiring local copies of IMAP e-mails

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 00:55:21 BST 2009

Hi there,

Please excuse me if this is a rather stupid question. This is basically for my
gmail accounts, all of which were defined as disconnected IMAP.

I believe the local copies of the IMAP e-mails slow down my kmail experience,
therefore I would like to expire them after say 2 months, by moving them to a
separate local folder. However, I do *not* want to touch the copy on the
server, so that it will always be available there. What is the best way to
accomplish this? If I do it the way I described, I believe every time I login
to the IMAP account after the expiration, the missing/moved files will be
copied to the local kmail folder again. If I try to do it by using an expired-
mail folder in the server instead (I don't know if it is possible to make the
server expire them for me), then that very folder will have a huge local copy
anyway. Perhaps I can unsubscribe from that folder locally? I need the
opinions of the technical geniuses here please :).

If you think I am wrong to think that the computer slows down because of this,
please just teach/convince me why this shouldn't be the case.

Regards,

Hakan