[kdepim-users] Kontact/Calendar bug?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 19:53:42 BST 2009

On Saturday 17 October 2009 18:58:49 r bartlett wrote:
> I merged the default calendar with the old one.  Perhaps that caused
>  problems?

Possible.  I've not done it that way, so I don't really know.

>  I'm thinking if perhaps I tried it with just the default
>  calendar displayed side by side with the other one?

That would certainly work, assuming that neither is corrupt.  At the worst it
would allow you to create matching entries into the 'best' one.  You should,
of course, set the configuration to be asked where to save an entry.

If you do it this way you may need to differentiate between entries in the two
diaries, particularly if you are going to try to manually merge this way.  One
way to do that is to right-click on a resource, make sure that the name is
changed to something recognisable, then assign a colour to it.  That will give
every entry in that resource a coloured outline.

> Or...as you say, maybe the trick is to copy the file again directly rather
>  than import it.

I'd do it that way, even if you decide to try both side-by-side.  You can
always disable or remove the broken one if this works.

Anne