[kdepim-users] Kontact/Calendar bug?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 17:48:15 BST 2009

On Saturday 17 October 2009 17:28:24 r bartlett wrote:
> [...]
I'd ignore those.  You see lots of similar messages when starting an app from
a terminal.  Occasionally they are useful when troubleshooting, but I think
it's often a case of the developer not requiring a function so not setting it
up.  I very much doubt that these have any bearing on your problem.

> 2.  It occurs whether one is in Month view or Day view.  As soon as "Apply"
>  is clicked after editing a pre-exisiting Event, it disappears...However,
>  it is still visible in the Event view pane on the side. 3.  If you click
>  on a different day, then return, the Event view pane also no longer has
>  any record of the event.
>
> 4.  Quit out, come back...Presto!!!  The Amazing Disappearing Event is
>  back, with all your freshest changes!

I wonder if some sort of corruption set in when you used Import, rather than
just copy over.  If I were you I'd try renaming the calendar you have there,
copying over your old one, and pointing the default configuration to that one.
If you have more recent entries you need to add to it, you can always add the
dodgy one as a separate calendar, temporarily.

> Sigh....I even tried it remotely using VNC over an ssh tunnel and had the
>  same thing occur.

It has to be something fairly straightforward, I think, so don't give up.
We'll get it sorted for you.  I've been using kmail, kaddressbook and
korganizer for more than 7 years.  It's certainly not usual to have this sort
of problem, but few problems are without a solution.

Anne