[kdepim-users] IMAP - Include this folder in mail checks.

Karl Hiramoto karl at hiramoto.org
Mon Oct 26 11:59:42 GMT 2009

Hi,
I'm using kmail 1.12.2 in kde 4.3.2 on gentoo linux.     I have around 100
with on average 1000 to 5000 messages per folder.   IMAP folders and right
clicking on the "properties" of every folder to not "Include this folder in
mail checks"  is extremely tedious.

Is there some place in the akonadi db i could modify,  or a config file i
could write a quick script for to disable all of these?

A feature request would be to leave this off by default, as thunderbird and
outlook do.

Another feature request, if you change a folder that has sub-folders then you
should have the option to change the options on all sub-folders.

My  IMAP server is in california (dreamhost) and i'm in europe so i have a 200
to 300 ms ping, and with lots of folders and messages  synchronizing takes
forever.   With thunderbird or outlook it doesn't download the folder headers
untill you click on the folder, then downloads the message when you click on
the message.  Then it's cached for the next use.

It seems just by looking at kmail UI that it checks each folder each time and
downloads the message list for the folder  I would think that with IMAP
RFC3501  UIDVALIDITY field,  If the UIDVALIDITY for the mailbox is the same,
there is no need to download the message list again.

--
Karl