[kdepim-users] IMAP broken

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Oct 19 16:31:53 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 October 2009 03:58:00 Art Alexion wrote:
>>
>> Nothing changed in the settings from when it worked with 4.2 and stopped
>>  with 4.3.  I used to get the message occasionally, and then things worked.
>>   Now the messages are constant and repeated. The message is "the process
>>  for imap://imap.gmail.com died unexpectedly"
>>
> Local IMAP still works perfectly under 4.3 (Fedora 11), so that begs the
> question whether gmail have changed their settings/requirements at all.  Since
> I don't use their imap, I haven't a clue on that.

No, because I am using kmail with gmail on my home machine that still
uses KDE 3.5.10 and everything works fine there.  I don't get the
messages at all and mail comes in fine.  I really want to move that
machine to KDE 4.x, but not until my stuff works reliably.  I thought
that time had come.

The problem started when I installed what I thought to be a "full" kde
on this machine.  Before that I was only running the libraries
necessary for kmail and k3b and amarok.  Sound on Amarok also seems to
be broken now.  Maybe I will remove KDE and reinstall it via the
kubuntu-desktop package.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface