[kdepim-users] Kontact/Calendar bug?

r bartlett techwritebos at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 23:58:56 BST 2009

> I open Kontact and go to the Calendar.
> I click "Edit" on a previously created Event.
> I modify it and click "Apply" (or OK) and the Event disappears.
>
> However...it's not permanently gone!
>
> When I quit out of Kontact and come back in, there is the event, good
> as new!

>>Does this also happen with a newly created calendar or just with your
>>old calendar?

I figured something out!!

Perhaps Anne or someone with Fedora 11 can check if this happens to them too:

1.  Create an _all day_ Event that spans 2 or 3 days which has no time associated.  (For example, "Visiting Paris").  Close it and it pops up in the Calendar.

2.  Now Edit it (just the text, not the time) and click "Apply."

3.  What's happening is that the time totally disappears!!!  It remains grayed out in the actual Event editing window but on the side (the Event View Sidebar window) there is no time...it's just blank, even though the rest of the Event info is there.

4.  At this point, simply clicking OK causes the event to disappear from view.  It will stay gone until the next time Kontact or Korganizer is opened.

5.  HOWEVER...if you check the "Time Associated" box before clicking "Apply", it reappears in its proper location!!!  All is well again!  This box can then be _unchecked_ again and the event can be saved and remains visible!!!  Even better!  (But not as nice as if it weren't happening to start with...)

This does not happen on events which were created initially with a Time Associated.  They remain visible the whole time, as they should.

So the work around is either to click and unclick the Time Associated box each time I edit, OR to only create Events that have an associated time.

Maybe others can try to recreate it?  Or perhaps it's still just something strange about me or my system or the way I copied the files?

Again, many thanks!!