[kdepim-users] attachments in KMail

Louis Hinman lou at manhattanhandyman.com
Wed Nov 11 21:52:41 GMT 2009

Thanks for your input, Art.

I'm not sure how to navigate to a KMail attachment from Konqueror.  However,
your suggestion was suggestive, because I find that if I right-click on
attachment.doc and, instead of "Open With..." I select "Save As" and save the
attachment to a folder, I am *now* able to open attachment.doc in *either*
KWord *or* Open Office.  This is an ok work-around, if a little awkward.

It would seem, as you say, that the problem is something in the configuration
of KDE.  Any thoughts about how to fix it?

Best, Lou, NYC