[kdepim-users] 20091102 -- Re: Kmail Paragraph Spacing

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Tue Nov 3 00:26:02 GMT 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 04:22:03 pm djmills at netspace.net.au wrote:
<SNIP>
>By the way.  I had always thought that when replying to an email the
reply should appear above the original quoted text.  I have started to
notice that other people such as yourself do the opposite - put the
reply text below the original message.  You use this approach.  What can
you tell me about the 2 choices?

> Anyone else got a comment on this?

Slightly before I joined this list (and a couple of others) I was very
helpfully instructed to "bottom post" or to post "inline".  I have seen
the effects of people both following and ignoring the direction I was
given.  I now have a STRONG preference for inline or bottom posting --
precisely because it makes it easy for everyone to read comments in
their intended context.

I am confident that Ingo has correctly stated the historic origins of the
major posting styles; THAT "context" is very good to have in mind when
discussing the topic.  And Martin was absolutely correct that response
to this inquiry should NOT instigate a flame-war on posting styles!!!

'Nuff said?

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us