[kdepim-users] Where is text I'm trying to reply to?

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Mon Nov 16 20:22:53 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 02:02:11 pm James Kerr wrote:
> On Monday 16 November 2009 Robert Smits wrote:
>
> > I have the KDE 4.3.1 version of Kontact. When I'm trying to reply
> >  to a message, all the text I'm trying to reply to is gone - it's
> >  like I'm sending a new message.
> >
> > How do I configure Kmail so that the text from the message I'm
> >  replying to shows up?
>
> Settings / Configure kmail  / Composer /Standard Template:
>
> Here's what I have for Reply to sender:
>
> On %ODATE you wrote:
>
> %QUOTE
>
> For Reply to List, I have:
>
> On %ODATE %OFROMNAME wrote:
>
> %QUOTE
>
> I think you seem to be missing the %QUOTE command.
>
> Jim

Jim --

I am certain that you are correct.  I am running Kubuntu Jaunty, KDE
4.2.2, and KMail 1.11.2.  Under the Standard Template that you cite, and
in the white area, I see only "%BLANK"!  Below the white area, there are
three rows.  The first is entitled "Reply to Sender". The second is
entitled "Reply to All / Reply to List". The third is entitled "Forward
Message".  I do NOT understand this at all -- but I have the desired
effects, such as having the full message to which I would reply or which
I would forward being copied into the reply/forward message.  Hmmmm.

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us