[kdepim-users] Problems after upgrading to KMail 1.12.2

bill purvis bill at billp.org
Tue Nov 24 20:44:13 GMT 2009

Hi,
I've been using Kmail for a few years, initially under Mandrake (Mandriva
now), then I migrated to Ubuntu. When I first moved across (a couple of years
ago) I didn't like the Evolution mail client that came as default so I
installed bits of KDE including Kontact/Kmail. I'm still running under
the Gnome desktop, though.
This all worked fine until I decided to upgrade from Hardy Heron to Karmic
Koala. After downloading Kontact plus the bits of KDE needed to run under
Gnome, I found I was running KMail 1.12.2 (with bits of KDE 4.3.2).
I find the user interface has become much less user friendly.
In particular when I select a folder I get a list of dates, rather than
a list of subjects. This means that I have to figure out which date a
message came in or go through opening each folder until I can locate the
message I want. I've searched the 'Configure Kmail' pages but can't find
any way to alter this back to what I am used to. Is there a way to get
back to the good old list of message headers that we used to have?

Many thanks
Bill