[kdepim-users] Keep replies in this folder

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 15:26:26 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 14:55:02 you wrote:
> > To be honest I can't quite see why you would want to do this.  Can you
> >  explain to us why you don't want your incoming mail to be sorted into
> > the folders?  If you can explain that we might have a better idea of what
> > you actually need.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Dear all,
>
> The reason is that I am used to look for mail in one folder, not to float
> within  the whole tree I've got usually; just a matter for practice I am
>  used to since years.  Personally I have tried the other way with
>  pre-sorted messages in different folders at arrival point, but then I miss
>  lots of stuff. gk

When you set up filters to move messages in KMail it will not mark them as
read unless you specifically tell it to.  Therefore, every folder that
receives new messages will have the number of new messages showing in the
folder list.  I find that it really helps to have the unread number
immediately after the folder name.  How you do that depends on the version of
KMail that you are running.  I'm fairly sure that it used to be an option in
the View menu, but it doesn't seem to be there now, and I can't remember where
I did set it.  Hopefully Ingo will notice this and remind us where the setting
is.  The attached shows you what I mean.

If you use this method, then setting the folder to hold replies will do it
automatically for you.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group