[kdepim-users] Kmail Paragraph Spacing

Jonathan B. Horen horen at horen.org.il
Sun Nov 1 12:37:41 GMT 2009

> On Saturday 31 October 2009 22:51:59 Jonathan B. Horen wrote:
> > > Hmm, maybe this was a bug in this version of KMail. I suggest upgrading
> > > to KDE 4.3.2. OTOH, Jonathan is using KDE 4.3.2. Hmm. Let's see what he
> > > says.
> >
> > I'm running a brand-new, fresh installation of Kubuntu/9.10, with (as
> > Ingo mentioned, KDE/4.3.2)
> >
> > As both Anne and Ingo noted, messages of which I am the original composer
> > appear fine; however, when I reply or forward a message, the spacing
> >  between paragraphs disappears.
>
> That does sound as though the message you reply to might be a factor.  Have
> you checked the source of that message to see whether there is html code
> there, as Ingo suggested?
>
> > I'm not even thinking about making a move to Thunderbird... we go
> > forward, not back.
>
> Nothing wrong with Thunderbird, but I do rely on some of the finer points
>  of KMail ;-)

In "Configure Kmail", if I unset "Security & Privacy Settings"->"Prefer HTML to
Plain Text", inter-paragraph spacing returns to normal (when viewing email
messages).

Curiouser and curiouser...

WRT last night's time change, here in the US: Staying up until 0200, in order
to watch the onscreen clock reset to 0100, and then arising shortly after
0600, does not leave one feeling "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed"... or even
vaguely refreshed. Note to self, for next year...