[kdepim-users] KDE4 Kmail Configuration

Shaggy Wolf shaggy.wolf.2006 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:18:47 GMT 2009

On Saturday 14 November 2009 20:45:08 Robert Smits wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've just installed OpenSuse 11.2 with KDE4, and I have a question about
>  Kmail configuration.
>
> When I look at a folder, it shows me a bunch of blank lines, each with a
> triangle and a date attached, like Yesterday, Today, Two weeks Ago, etc.
>  Then I have to click on the triangle to see what came in on that date.
>
> I hate this arrangement. (And the one showing the same kind of separation
>  of messages, but by sender name)
>
> I want my mailbox to revert to the previous behaviour which just showed all
> the email headers without separation.
>
> The question is how does one do this in KDE4?

Hi Bob,

On my kmail (version 1.12.3) there are 5 little icons to the right of the
search box above the message list. The second from the right is "Select
Aggregation Mode." If you click on this icon and choose "Standard Mailing
List" it should remove the colapsable aggregation headers and still give you a
basic threaded view.

HTH,
Scott