[kdepim-users] Kmail: Immediatly upload status change for diconnected IMAP

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Tue May 26 10:40:21 BST 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 09:44:55 +0200, Sebastian Schubert
<schubert.seb at googlemail.com> wrote:
> is there a possibility to make Kmail upload something like status change
> (eg unread -> read) immediately for disconnected IMAP servers?

You can press <F5> to sync the folder you are in directly.

> PS: Although I do not like Thunderbird for the way it feels, I have to
> admit that it is quite fast when looking for new emails, sometimes
> immediately gets them... Yes, it does not download them completely at
> first but this does not seem to be the only reason.

Thunderbird does not make a difference between dIMAP and IMAP. It just
saves the messages for offline use, if you want to. Apart from that,
Thunderbird takes advantage of IMAP IDLE, what kmail will learn, if the
underlying architecture is switched to Akonadi, what will happen hopefully
before GNU Hurd is finally available... ;)

Bye...Frank