[kdepim-users] Kmail: Immediatly upload status change for diconnected IMAP

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 08:44:55 BST 2009

Hi,

is there a possibility to make Kmail upload something like status change
(eg unread -> read) immediately for disconnected IMAP servers?

I use Kmail on two computers. Today, I just switched one PC on to look
for new email, I read some and then switched it of (I guess in less
then 5 minutes, so no sync). Now, at the second PC, I still have some
unread emails which I actually did read.

Is the only way to reduce the syncing to a smaller time?

Cheers

Sebastian

PS: Although I do not like Thunderbird for the way it feels, I have to
admit that it is quite fast when looking for new emails, sometimes
immediately gets them... Yes, it does not download them completely at
first but this does not seem to be the only reason.