[kdepim-users] To which calendar does an event belong?

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Sun May 17 12:52:14 BST 2009

Am Sonntag 17 Mai 2009 13:03:02 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> When viewing events in Korganizer, how can the user know to which
> calendar the event belongs? Furthermore, when creating a new event,
> how can the user add it to a specific calendar?

I am not sure, but I think that the newly added data is not being written to
the calendar files, but akonadi saves it "somewhere else". So you are probably
in danger of losing your data.

At least this was the case here: For some time, the option of adding new data
to a specific calendar had vanished (it normally popped up after having
defined a new event and then pressed OK). Then, for some reason, I reloaded
the calendar files into Korganizer, and all the new data was gone. However,
the option of adding it to a specific calendar was back.

I don't know how to tell akonadi to write all newly added data into your
calendar files. You might be in danger of losing it, as it was the case here.
Someone else might be able to tell you.

Guido