[kdepim-users] Undeletable incoming message in Kmail (KDE3)

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Thu May 21 13:36:02 BST 2009

Am Thursday 21 May 2009 14:04:38 schrieb Stan Goodman:
> The thread at that URL shows the same problem. It indicates that: "to fix
> the problem in my inbox by right-clicking the folder and
> selecting "Rebuild Index".
>
> There must be some mistake however. Right-clicking the inbox folder in the
> folder-list window does not offer an option "Rebuild Index". Now I have a
> second question -- Why doesn't it?

dunno :)
to be honest, I never saw or used this option, either.
just do it on the CLI (or in konqueror):
delete all .*.index.* files in your mail folder, with kmail not running, of
course.
index files will be recreated at next start and all should be fine.
be sure to backup your mail folder _before_ this, though.

werner