[kdepim-users] kmail and email digests

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Mar 5 19:00:30 GMT 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009, Adrian Dusa wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am experiencing some difficulties in reading email digests: the
> more messages they contain, the longer it takes to open the digest.
>
> Some digests I receive contain over 100 messages, and kmail freezes
> for about 20 seconds before finally opening it.
>
> Is there a special setting I should check?
> Do I miss something obvious? Did anybody experienced the same?

Do the digests contain signed messages? If yes, then this might explain
the freezes because KMail will verify the signature on all of those
messages and signature verification takes some time.

If the digest does not contain signed messages or just a small amount of
signed messages then it's maybe the rendering of the huge message that
takes so long.

What mailing list do the digests come from?