[kdepim-users] kontact not saving edited contacts

Charlie Bradley cfbradleyiii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:25:54 GMT 2009

I have several address books from which I print mailing labels using
Openoffice.  Yesterday I opened an addressbook to edit some contacts and
although it seems to save the edited contact, after a few edits the old
predited contact returns with no sign of the new edited contact.

example:
open Kontact>contacts.  check address book.  doulble click contact to open
contact editor.  click edit addresses.  move some data around to proper
fields and click OK>Apply>OK .  The edited contact is then resorted in the
list.  I go to next contact and do the same thing.  After a few of these
edits I see that the first contact I edited is back in its original form.
eventually all the edited contacts are back as if I never edited them in the
first place.

I tried changing the permissions of the files in .kde/share/apps/kabc with
no change in behaviour of kontact.

Any ideas??