[kdepim-users] kontact not saving edited contacts

Jim MacLeod catcott at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 17:35:28 GMT 2009

Charlie Bradley wrote:

> I have several address books from which I print mailing labels using
> Openoffice.  Yesterday I opened an addressbook to edit some contacts and
> although it seems to save the edited contact, after a few edits the old
> predited contact returns with no sign of the new edited contact.
>
> example:
> open Kontact>contacts.  check address book.  doulble click contact to open
> contact editor.  click edit addresses.  move some data around to proper
> fields and click OK>Apply>OK .  The edited contact is then resorted in the
> list.  I go to next contact and do the same thing.  After a few of these
> edits I see that the first contact I edited is back in its original form.
> eventually all the edited contacts are back as if I never edited them in
> the first place.
>
> I tried changing the permissions of the files in .kde/share/apps/kabc with
> no change in behaviour of kontact.
>
> Any ideas??

Possibly.... some settings in Kmail are not saved if made from within
Kontact (Kub 8.10) but are ok if Kmail is run on it's own (though hidden
when using Kontact). So maybe !!! if you run KAddressBook outside of
Kontact, do the changes, save and close, then run Kontact again they may !!!
survive. Note, I haven't tried this, it's just an idea.

Jim