[kdepim-users] Send link in Firefox

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 25 21:56:54 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009, DIL23 wrote:
> When I use the Firefox menu 'File'->'Send link' function I get a
> composer window in Kmail but no link - it's probably something you
> set in Firefox with about:config?
>
> the "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto" preference there is set to
> kmailservice is
> there something else I should set?

kmailservice wants a mailto URL as command line argument. I'm not sure
what "Send link" is supposed to do. If it is supposed to send just the
link (as text) then Firefox will have to pass a mailto URL with body
field to KMail. If it is supposed to send the link as attachment then
kmailservice cannot be used because it is not possible to pass the
location of an attachment via a mailto URL.

To find out what arguments Firefox passes to kmailservice you could
change kmailservice to the name of a simple script logging the command
line arguments to a file.