[kdepim-users] kmail keeps using wrong account for sending

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 20:42:52 GMT 2009

Am Montag, 9. März 2009 20:32:37 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Monday 09 March 2009 19:11:54 Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > Two POP3 accounts, two identities. All was perfectly fine.
> > Added anohter account/ID for googlemail.
> > Turned out I am too dumb to set up GMail in KMail.
> > Erased account. Screw Googlemail.
>
> I'm surprised at that.  The instructions on the gmail site are quite clear.
> Did you really have a problem with that, or is it that your setting of
> which account to use was the real problem?
>
> > Ever since that KMail keeps sending Mails from Account A by using the
> > Account B protocol unless I explicitly do "send with" Acc A.
> >
> > What the hell?
> >
> > Help. Please. Royal annoyance.
>
> Select Identity1 > Modify > Advanced Tab - if Identity1 is to use your
> default Sender account, leave this empty.
>
> Select Identity2 > Modify > Advanced Tab - assuming this is the gmail one,
> select Special Transport and select the gmail sending account.

Ah, I set these up again and now it's fine. Thanks. Wonder tho why they got
messed up in the first place.

> Having said that, you don't actually need to have two sending accounts.
> You can opt to send everything through your ISP's server, using your gmail
> identity as well as the other one.  This is the simple way, and will just
> work.

I don't think my ISP's server will just transport anything. I use a 3rd party
mail provider anyway, they only transport their own accounts (naturally) and
require different logins.

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de