[kdepim-users] configuring imap in kmail

eddie eddie at cs.rhul.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 08:45:50 GMT 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009 17:45:15 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Montag, 23. März 2009 schrieb eddie:
> > .
> > I am connecting to an imap server (http://www.washington.edu/imap/)
> >  running on opensuse 10.3 (x86-64). On my workstation I have KMail
> > 1.9.10 (using KDE 3.5.10 "release 21.11") on opensuse 11.1
> > (x86-64).
>
> If you can change the imap server please do it. wuimap is not very
> good (performance and feature wise). choose dovecot as Anne sugested,
> easy to install easy to maintain and ways ahead of uwimap (and if you
> want to frustrate yourself try cyrus imap;-) ). I am not sure that
> uwimap supports home area.

I have no authority to change the imap server unfortunately. I don't think
that other users have any problems but I'm one of the few if not the only one
who uses kmail.  I'll try suggesting a change but I'll need to find a better
reason than that I can't use kmail with it. I think it more likely that I'll
be encouraged to use another client like thunderbird or evolution, which
would be a shame because I really do like kmail.

Eddie