[kdepim-users] New phone tomorrow: what syncs with Korganizer and Kaddressbook

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 16:41:41 BST 2009

> Hi Dotan,
>
> If you choose to go the Treo way, you can always look at:
>
>  http://www.penreader.com/palm/hebrew/Hebrew_PiLoc.html
>
> KPilot/pilot-link work quite well and the developers are very helpful.

Thanks, I will keep that handy, but I would have to actually test
drive a device before committing. I will see if they have an Israeli
distributor, and if not, if they want one :)

> Some caveats:
>
> -- I don't speak a word of hebrew and I don't know what the LTR support is
> like, but I have been using PiLoc for years to support greek on my various
> Palms and it works.

Yes, RTL could be an issue, especially if the OS was not designed for
it from the start.

> -- The Palm OS is not unicode, so you can only support at most two char sets
> at a time.

Ouch!

> -- You may miss some characters - I have resorted to creating a "memo" with
> the missing characters and copying-and-pasting as needed.  In my use case this
> has not been a huge issue.

That would be an issue for me, but it looks like the characters are
all there on the keyboard in thee screenshot.

> -- Paragon support is dificult to work with - you may have a better experience
> if you know russian.

Actually, I do!

> let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, George! Have a great week!