[kdepim-users] Trouble getting Kontact to start...

Robert Smits labour at telus.net
Thu Jun 11 01:53:02 BST 2009

I'm using KDE 3.5.10 release 46 with an opensuse 10.3 64 bit desktop. Lately,
many times when I click on Kontact to start it, the icon bounces for a while
and then goes away. Sometimes it calls on Kwallet and sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes I get the following message "The protocol for the pop3://
pop.telus.net protocol died unexpectedly".

I've checked the email settings for both pop and smtp and they're correct -
I'm on Telus. I've even tried changing the dns servers to open dns in case it
was just Telus being slow. I have all the recent updates, and have updated
KDE PIM as well.

Any suggestions on where to look next for the problem?
--
Robert Smits CEP525G

Nanaimo, Duncan & District Labour Council
Box 822 Nanaimo, V9R 5N2 Ph 250-753-0201
Fax 250-753-2954 Email labour at telus.net