[kdepim-users] Not working, Link from Kmail -> Konqoerror

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jun 4 10:23:34 BST 2009

On Thursday, 2009-06-04, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to configure KMail / Konquerror to work together?
>
> My Problem, when I start a Link from a EMail I have in the Konquerror the
> /var/tmp/kdecache-xxxx/ path and not the correct URL?
>
> openSuSE 11.1 KDE 4.2.4

KMail uses a KDE service to launch applications for URLs so this has to be
fixed at KDE settings level.

The symptoms indicate that the file association of the file type of the link
(text/html for normal web pages), or the global web browser setting, use a
command which does not include %u as one of its parameters.

For example on my system I have
System Settings -> Advanced Tab -> File associations
for text/html Konqueror on top of the list
If I select this entry and click "Edit" I see that the command is
kfmclient openURL %u text/html

where %u will be replaced with the URL

This command is usually directly taken from a .desktop file installed by the
application packages so it should be correct.
Manual modifications to file associations could have changed that.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring