[kdepim-users] Hold Time and ?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:44:59 BST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 09:44:17 Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Anne, I can configure all the things I like, but also I lost the configs
> from time to time (update)?
>
> KMail Version is 1.11.4 and the Distro is openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 4.2.4
>

> I search for the config files AFTER I have configured Kmail to backup this
> Files, now I mean we have 6-8 Files for Configure Kmail (?) but I cant find
> the File with the  special Cofing for folders ?

Do you have a backup of your home directory, from before the update?  If so
look in /home/gunther/.kde4/share/config (could be kde4 or kde, depending on
distro) for the following files

emaildefaults
emailidentities
kmailrc

You can copy these into your new setup, over the newer ones.  That should
replace your identities at least.

The attached image shows you where to find the mailing list settings.  Expire
settings are on a right-click on the folder itself.

I'm removing my gpg signature from this in an attempt to keep the size down.

Anne