[kdepim-users] New phone tomorrow: what syncs with Korganizer and Kaddressbook

George Bourozikas george at bourozikas.net
Sun Jun 14 15:50:35 BST 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 06:38:59 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thank you for the tip, Ecaroh. However, Palm devices are not available
> in my nation, and were I to import one I would have to live without
> the language support, which I cannot compromise on. I have not had the
> time to try to sync my N95, but from reading other's posts it
> certainly looks possible.
>
> Have a great week.

Hi Dotan,

If you choose to go the Treo way, you can always look at:

  http://www.penreader.com/palm/hebrew/Hebrew_PiLoc.html

KPilot/pilot-link work quite well and the developers are very helpful.

Some caveats:

-- I don't speak a word of hebrew and I don't know what the LTR support is
like, but I have been using PiLoc for years to support greek on my various
Palms and it works.

-- The Palm OS is not unicode, so you can only support at most two char sets
at a time.

-- You may miss some characters - I have resorted to creating a "memo" with
the missing characters and copying-and-pasting as needed.  In my use case this
has not been a huge issue.

-- Paragon support is dificult to work with - you may have a better experience
if you know russian.

let me know if you need more info.
--george