[kdepim-users] Kde-Pim and Google Calendar sync

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:28:40 BST 2009

On Tuesday 07 Jul 2009 20:50:49 Mark S Jones wrote:
> I have successfully setup sync between my Google Calendar and my Kde-Pim
> Calendar in KDE 3.5.9 using Kitchensync version 0.1 on opensuse 11.

That sounded a possible line of enquiry.  It's too late for the GCDS trip, but
I'd like to get it set up for the future, so I tried kpilot (I have KDE4).
Because I've never done anything like this before I don't have the basic
concepts.

However, I just realised that I should be setting this up on the server box -
the only one active when I'm away from home, so I'll take a look at
Kitchensync on CentOS 5, probably tomorrow.  I've no doubt I'll be back with
questions.

> When
> I enter an event in my KDE calendar and run Kitchensync it syncs
> perfectly with Google Calendar. However, when I enter an event in my
> Google Calendar and then run Kitchensync, my event does show up in Kde,
> but the time of the event is 5 hours earlier (I am in central time zone
> USA). The time zone settings on my desktop, KDE and Google all say
> central time USA.
>
> I have also set up sync between my Palm Pre and Google Calendar as well
> and they both sync flawlessly. So I think it is either a Kitchensync or
> KDE problem, but I'm not sure which one. Any help on how to get the
> correct time sync would be appreciated! Thank you.

I haven't looked at Kitchensync yet, but KPilot has Time Synchronisation
settings under the Conduit section.  However, it does say

<quote>
PalmOS Version 3.25 and 3.3 do not support setting the system time, so this
conduit will be skipped for handhelds that run either of these operating
systems.
</quote>

Could that be relevant?

Anne