[kdepim-users] Personal gpg preferences in kaddressbook

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 25 14:46:22 GMT 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 25 January 2009 10:51:26 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I now have 4.2 on my netbook.  The crashes on entering folders have
> > gone.   Unfortunately I still have the gpg problem.  I've mailed
> > the dev to let him know.
>
> I'm becoming more and more convinced that the problem lies in
> kaddressbook. For some reason, if I kill the 'fetching keys' box, I
> can see a whole raft of keys from my keyrings, including one of my
> expired ones, but not the current key or another expired one.  Very
> strange.
>
> Some of the addresses I use have an encryption key already set, But
> if you bring up the Change dialogue you see the same thing - other
> keys, but not my default one.

Hmm, maybe Kleopatra (KDE PIM's OpenPGP/S/MIME backend) is choking on
one of the keys in your keyring. Try with a new ~/.gnupg and, at first,
import only your own keys. Then import other keys as needed.

With the following command you can export all public keys into separate
files:
gpg --list-keys --with-colon --fixed-list | grep ^pub | cut -d: -f5 |
xargs -I{} gpg --output 0x{}.pub --export 0x{}