[kdepim-users] KMail: How to tie identities to accounts?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 19:55:18 GMT 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, skx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to tie identities to certain accounts, so that whenever
> I am writing under a certain identity the mail will go through a
> previously chosen account. Actually I would even like KMail not to
> let me change that from the editor window to prevent mistakes.
>
> example
> I use separate accounts and identities for "normal" e-mails and
> mailing lists but when I hit send KMail always sends mail using the
> firs account and so the post won't reach subscribers-only list.
> Everytime I have to choose the right account from a drop-down list
> which is annoying.

You can tie identities to accounts by the method explained by Anne (i.e.
by having different folders for different accounts and assigning
identities to the folders).

You can tie sending accounts to identities by setting a "Special
transport" on the Advanced page of the identity setup panel, but that's
probably not what you need.