[kdepim-users] quick request: how to download for ubuntu

Manfred Mislik tic at tictric.net
Sat Jan 17 21:45:08 GMT 2009

Am Samstag, 17. Januar 2009 22:23:06 schrieb koenc at motherearth.org:
> hi all,
>
> i just switched from windows to ubuntu.  I'd like to install kontact
> but i can't seem to find how to download it.  The site isn't very
> helpfull at all.  I've no clue what the hell a tarball is but even if
> i try to download it it keeps giving me 404's :(
>
> can someone help?

Basically you only need to install the package 'kontact' with a package-manager
of your system. But before you do so I'd read throught some of the following
pages to get some understanding of how to do that.

https://help.ubuntu.com/
http://www.kubuntu.org/support
http://www.kubuntu.org/faq

You might also try to get some help on IRC in #kubuntu or #ubuntu
See http://www.ubuntu.com/support/CommunitySupport for more information on how
to get on IRC.

But basically you shouldn't need to compile kontact yourself so you also do not
need to download any tarball. That's advanced magic :-)

regards
Manfred

tictric at jabber.ccc.de