[kdepim-users] setting up akonadi

Gunter Ohrner G.Ohrner at post.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 16 23:01:49 GMT 2009

Hi!

Having just installed the KDE 4.2 somewhere-between-beta2-and-RC1-
packages from kde42.debian.net, I happily wanted to finally check out
kpilot - which I unfortunately could not do as akonadi is not yet
willing to start...

After configuring the right path to mysqld in the system settings I got
up to "test 5", where akonadi states it could not find the "mysql default
configuration" - but doesn't say, where it expected to find it nor what
error condition exactly it encountered while trying to read it...

Any ideas?

System is Debian SID with the aforementioned KDE 4.2 packages and
without app armor, SE linux or similar background magic.

Greetings,

  Gunter

Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
===============================

Test 1:  SUCCESS
--------

Database driver found.
Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi
server configuration.
The following drivers are installed: QIBASE, QSQLITE, QSQLITE2, QMYSQL3,
QMYSQL, QODBC3, QODBC, QPSQL7, QPSQL.
Make sure the required driver is installed.

File content of '/home/gunter/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
[QMYSQL]
StartServer=true
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
Name=akonadi
Host=
User=
Password=
Options=

Test 2:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server found.
Details: You currently have configured Akonadi to use the MySQL server
'/usr/sbin/mysqld'.
Make sure you have the MySQL server installed, set the correct path and
ensure you have the necessary read and execution rights on the server
executable. The server executable is typically called 'mysqld', its
locations varies depending on the distribution.

Test 3:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server is executable.
Details: MySQL server found: /usr/sbin/mysqld  Ver 5.0.75-1 for debian-
linux-gnu on i486 ((Debian))

Test 4:  SUCCESS
--------

No current MySQL error log found.
Details: The MySQL server did not report any errors during this startup
into '/home/gunter/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err'.

Test 5:  ERROR
--------

MySQL server default configuration not found.
Details: The default configuration for the MySQL server was not found or
was not readable. Check your Akonadi installation is complete and you
have all required access rights.