[kdepim-users] Kmail is not working with my Cyrus Imap server

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Jan 19 16:30:46 GMT 2009

Am Montag, 19. Januar 2009 schrieb Public Mailing Lists:
> Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > Public Mailing Lists schrieb:
> >> Hi Martin,
> >>
> >> my mail server log says:
> >>
> >> I still don't see any of my folders in Kmail, though.
> >
> > So my wild guess: basic IMAP configuration on the client does not
> > match your server. There is a extended IMAP configuration page in
> > thunderbird an kmail to configure the namespace of the imap
> > server. DO these configuration data match (thunderbird - kmail -
> > server)?
>
> Well, I can't set namespaces on Kmail.
>
> In the "modify account" dialog of the "accounts receiving"
> settings, there are three text inputs labeled "namespace:" in the
> "general" tab.

That are the one I mean.

> These text fields are grayed out. I can only press a
> graphic button showing two circular arrows. When I do that, I get a
> message "fetching namespaces...", and the dialog basically hangs.
> Well, eventually it goes back to the state before. I don't get to
> enter anything into these namespace fields, though.

So either the imap communication is brocken or there is a bug in your
kmail stuff. wiht my kmail the values are set to "INBOX." for my
personal namespace and to "user." for user namespace. Can you do a
network trace with wireshark on this?

> The Imap namespace settings in Thunderbird do not match my actual
> namespaces on Cyrus. However, there is a checkbox enabled saying
> "allow server to override these namespaces".

I am astonnished that it works. Afaik it must match that one from the
server.