[kdepim-users] Kmail is not working with my Cyrus Imap server

Mon Jan 19 13:09:14 GMT 2009

Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Public Mailing Lists schrieb:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> my mail server log says:
>>
>>> Jan 19 13:20:44 /servername/ cyrus/master[26409]: about to exec
>>> /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/imapd
>>> Jan 19 13:20:47 /servername/ cyrus/imap[26409]: executed
>>> Jan 19 13:20:49 /servername/ cyrus/imap[26409]: accepted connection
>>> Jan 19 13:20:53 /servername/ cyrus/imap[26409]: login: /clientname/
>>> [/client-ip/] /username/ plaintext User logged in
>>
>> I still don't see any of my folders in Kmail, though.
>
> So my wild guess: basic IMAP configuration on the client does not
> match your server. There is a extended IMAP configuration page in
> thunderbird an kmail to configure the namespace of the imap server. DO
> these configuration data match (thunderbird - kmail - server)?

Well, I can't set namespaces on Kmail.

In the "modify account" dialog of the "accounts receiving" settings,
there are three text inputs labeled "namespace:" in the "general" tab.
These text fields are grayed out. I can only press a graphic button
showing two circular arrows. When I do that, I get a message "fetching
namespaces...", and the dialog basically hangs. Well, eventually it goes
back to the state before. I don't get to enter anything into these
namespace fields, though.

The Imap namespace settings in Thunderbird do not match my actual
namespaces on Cyrus. However, there is a checkbox enabled saying "allow
server to override these namespaces".

Thanks for your help, G.