[kdepim-users] Status of Kitchsync / Opensync for PIM

Jurian Sluiman subscribe at juriansluiman.nl
Mon Jan 5 10:36:13 GMT 2009

Hi all,
Last week an email passed with a question about synchronizing PIM data. I'm
using KDE since KDE4 and I never managed to synchronize my E51 with Kontact or
Kaddressbook because of a broken opensync-plugin-kdepim. I found out there was
a KDE frontend for opensync called Kitchensync, but it's broken as well.

Apparently both packages requires libkcal2b, but it's not in the repositories
of Kubuntu anymore. Someone opened a bug at launchpad
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libopensync-plugin-
kdepim/+bug/278747) but nobody knows how to solve the problem.

Who has information about the broken functionality and what are the
requirements to solve this problem? Should I open a bug on bugs.kde.org or is
somebody already busy rewriting the kitchensync software?

Thanks in advance,
Greetings,
Jurian Sluiman