[kdepim-users] Auto unfold email folders on d&d

Jurian Sluiman subscribe at juriansluiman.nl
Wed Jan 14 21:53:17 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 22:40:43 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Jurian Sluiman wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I thought Kmail used to open the folder when I drag an email to it.
>
> KMail 1.9/KDE 3.5 does open the folder when I drag an email to it.
>
> > Now it doesn't anymore. Is there a reason? I couldn't find a
> > preference for it, so I'm asking it here.
>
> It was probably lost during the port to KDE 4.

Only after the port I used Kmail. I never installed KDE3, so I must be using
Kmail after the KDE4 port.

> > Next, if it's going to reimplemented, I have a feature request. ;)
> > I have many folders and always unfolded some, but not all of them. It
> > was really annoying if I dragged an email towards a folder, the
> > folder unfolded and stayed unfolded. I'd rather see the folders,
> > which expanded on hover, will fold again when drag&drop is finished.
>
> I'd also like KMail to behave like this.
>
> > Is this possible?
>
> Sure. Anything is possible. :-)

That are the answer I'd like to hear from developers ;)

> You should file a bug report for this at http://bugs.kde.org or via
> Help->Report Bug.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Yes, I know it. I've first asked this mailing list, because it could be a
preference I missed at a point. Just to be sure :)

Regards,
Jurian