[kdepim-users] Calendar /Korganizer headaches

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:06:59 GMT 2009

I seem to have 2 problems with Korganizer:
1. If I use (within Kontact) the function to create an event from an
email I soon get a crashed Korganizer. When I look in the file std.ics
that contains events etc these events are HUGE compared to others. Is
there nowhere I can set that it should just use the mail headline or
something to create the event? Not code in attachments and so on that it
seems to do.

I have twice lately had to manually edit in the std.ics to remove events.

2. I tried to use the "Archive Old Entries" function under "File" menu.
A handy little window appears where you can choose to archive events
older than whatever. Than you have to give a filename to the archive.
Whatever I try I get  the error "The Archive file name is incorrect".
Not a clue or hint as to what might be a correct filename, nothing in
the handbook.

Anyone knows the correct filename format and if the function works at all?

I should mention that I am on KDE 3.5.10 in Kubuntu 8.04 and Korganizer
reports version 3.5.9

Regards,
Sinclair